|We at Carmel Forest Lodge are making every effort to preserve the beauty of Carmel and its natural resources by becoming more and more eco-conscious. From the amount of water, to the cleaning products and even to the materials used in our recent renovations, we are doing what we can to preserve the environment.
In doing these things we know we have only scratched the surface of what is attainable in this area. We welcome any thoughts, ideas and of course suggestions.
Here are a few of the ways we are contributing:
General Manager, Carmel Lamp Lighter Inn & Carmel Forest Lodge
- Reverse-osmosis filtered water is provided in the rooms to avoid filling our landfills with more plastic water bottles.
- Unique Amenities eco-friendly soaps, shampoos, conditioners and lotions (chemical free, recycled and recyclable containers) are made available to you.
- LED lighting to save on electricity.
- We use as many chemical-free cleaning products as possible while still retaining the highest of cleanliness standards.
- When renovating, we use eco-friendly products (reclaimed, recycled or sustainable), such as our recycled denim insulation, reclaimed wood, and low-VOC paint and primer.
- We compost and use composted fertilizer on our landscaping for both human and pet safety.
- Even our pens are made from recycled materials AND are fully recyclable because of their soy ink!
- Our guests contribute as well by only requesting sheet and towel changes when necessary during their stay. This helps us conserve water as well as restricting the resultant air and water pollutants.